sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Outfit Inspiration for Your Valentines Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Valentine’s day (or Galentine’s day) is finally here! For whatever type of date you’re going on, you’re gonna want to dress in your best! But what to wear? Keep reading for some inspiration to look your best on this lovie holiday.

Stand out on your valentine’s day by wear bright red! Whether it’s a red dress, pants, or sweater like this one, you’re immediately the most festive person in the room. Reds are easily paired with blacks, giving the look an edgy but romantic touch.

If you don’t have a bright festive sweater, or that just isn’t your style try just adding a splash of color to your V-day look. These pink dangly earrings are a great way to show your festivity in a subtle way. You could also add a red or pink hair scarf or even a bright lipstick. Also a special shout out to my date, these french fries.

If your V-day date night includes a lot outside interaction, hopefully this look will give you some inspiration. Adding a cute colored coat of scarf is a great option if you’re trying to be festive and warm at the same time.

Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can’t wear that pink or red crop top with a cozy sweater for Valentines Day! To make any crop top or simple tee a little more dressy place a cute dress under it! Gingham has been a super popular pattern this year and looks great with baby pink!

All photos by Hannah Fisher 

Molly Molloy

American '22

Molly is a freshmen at American University. She loves fashion, exploring new places, and dogs! Molly is and active feminist and an aspiring journalist.