New App SnapHack: Watch What You Snap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Snapchat started as a fun and friendly smart phone app to stay connected with friends in a more personal and visual way. The app allows you to temporarily send photos and videos to your friends for a set amount of time, which is then after deleted from Snapchat’s server after the time expires. The only way the image could have record kept of it was if the user to a screenshot it, in which the sender receives notification. However, it’s original intentions have taken a turn, with a new app called SnapHack, that allows somebody to save photos and videos sent by Snapchat users without them knowing. 

SnapHack is available for purchase in the iTunes store for $0.99 with the app’s description being, “Save your snapchats to your camera roll without the sender knowing and view them as many times as you like!”

The way this works is after you download the app, you sign into it with your Snapchat username and password. Then when Snapchats are sent to you, the photos can be opened with SnapHack, instead of Snapchat, which automatically saves the content to your camera roll. Pictures cannot be opened through the app that have already been opened via Snapchat. 

This is a friendly reminder not to send embarrassing or revealing pictures to your friends, even if you plan on them being deleted after. Technology today has made privacy laws extremely flimsy and you never know what can get leaked onto the internet. Be preemptive and be smart when it comes to snapping your friends. 

**The app comes in a few versions, costing between free and $3.99.

Photo Credits: