Nathan Strauss ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Nathan Strauss

Hometown: Glenside, Pennsylvania 

Major: Print Journalism and Environmental Studies

Relationship status: No comment *giggles*

Hobbies/interests: Long walks on the beach, trying new restaurants, Korean BBQs, sustainability 

Dream job: Writing for National Geographic

Celebrity crush: Scarlett Johansson

Ideal date: A really good date would be having a picnic and then going down to the capitol reflecting pool and hanging out. 

Favorite place in DC: Capitol reflecting pool

Guilty pleasure: Listening to Ke$ha… I heard a really good mashup of Timber and Counting Stars.

Most embarrasing moment: When I was in 7th grade I ate lunch in the cafeteria and one day a week they would serve stromboli, it was the best thing to eat at lunch. So you had to rush there to get it because people would eat it really fast and if you were late to lunch you wouldn’t get any stromboli. So my building had three floors and I had class on the third floor and the cafeteria was on the first floor so I had to book it out of class and was racing down the stairs to get to the cafeteria and I am on the last flight of stairs and my foot gets caught in the railing and it twists and I fall flat on my face. People start laughing at me and I get up like “no big deal I’m fine” and I start hopping on one foot to the line to wait for my stromboli and my foot really hurts so I go to the nurse and it turns out I completely fractured all the bones in my foot. And I never got stromboli. 

Best advice you have ever received: Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone for stuff because you could be really surprised with what happens.

What’s next for Nathan Strauss: Next up is hopefully getting a job and sticking around in DC for a couple of years. 

My name is Meg and I am a PR, marketing and psychology senior at American University. I am an environmentalist, feminist, gym junkie and happiness pursuer and am passionate about community service, social media and coffee.