This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Wishing for a fall that feels like Stars Hollow? These fall experiences in the DMV are sure to give you that cozy feeling.

Homestead farm

Just 25 minutes from the heart of Washington, D.C. sits Homestead Farm, a charming farm featuring fresh produce, pick your own fruits and a homegrown market. Homestead Farm is located in Poolesville, Maryland, making it an easy drive and quick day away from busy city life. 

This season, Homestead Farm is offering pick your own apples and pumpkins. Apples cost $2.19 per pound, and pumpkins cost 75 cents per pound. For those on a college budget, this day trip is inexpensive, with admission being $3. The market features apple cider, fresh mums, local honey and a large selection of fresh produce. 

Cox farms

Looking for a day trip that doubles as the largest fall festival you’ve ever seen? It is time to check out Cox Farms. Located about 25 miles from the District, Cox Farms is a fall lover’s paradise. 

The massive festival grounds in Centreville, VA are home to a petting zoo, corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayride and a multitude of food vendors. Tickets to Cox Farms range from $10-25 

Not only does Cox Farms offer a cozy, wholesome daytime experience, it is also home to “Fields of Fear” every Friday and Saturday evening. A haunted corn maze and haunted hayride are the highlights of Cox Farms once the sun starts to set. Tickets for “Fields of Fear” range from $30-45.

National Gallery Night

If staying in the city is more your speed this fall, the National Gallery of Art (NGA) is hosting National Gallery Nights featuring exclusive opportunities to see the galleries after hours. 

NGA will host “Nightmare at the Museum” on Thursday, Oct. 12. This special opportunity to see the gallery after hours will include food, drinks, music, art, dancing and the opportunity to dress up in a fun costume, all in the Halloween spirit.

The best part about National Gallery Nights is that they are free to the public. Tickets for this exclusive event are offered through a lottery. Registration opens Oct. 2.

Isabella is a Sophomore Journalism Major and Art History Minor at American University. Isabella is interested in DC lifestyle and culture, art, and pop culture. Isabella is currently a contributing writer for HCAU. Isabella is living in Washington DC.