Madewell and Sézane: Your New Favorite Combination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

I love everything French. From the food to the fashion to the cities, I love it all. I was lucky enough to spend the summer of 2013 studying in Paris, and I must say it was one of the best summers of my life. I brought home with me various reminders of my trip: croissants shoved into my suitcase, posters, french books and hundreds of photos, but mostly clothes. The fashion scene in Paris changed my view on how to dress. While touring the city, I saw girls who dressed in what they wanted and what they thought was chic, not necessarily what was on the cover of fashion magazines. Ever since then, I have created a wardrobe that is my own take on French style: classic items that I update with trendy pieces. 

To give you a little background information, my mother is one of the most stylish people I know. I thank my lucky stars every day that I have “the stylish mom”. She knows what is in each season, how to dress for her body and her age, and she has influenced me to the point where my friends are starting to notice. With all of that said, when she posted this article on my Facebook wall, my jaw dropped. I have always admired Madewell from afar. 

Their items are exquisite, but too often out of my price range. However, I might have to splurge on this new collection. It is my look to a T: laid back with neutral colors, what Madewell calls a “sexy tomboy” style. The fourteen individual clothing pieces are classic with a little bit of edge. Although, what I’m looking forward to most is this black shift dress: I can either wear it dressed down to class with boots and a leather jacket, or dressed up on a date with black tights and flats (whenever that may be). For me, this collection is a little bit of Paris delivered straight to my laptop.

Some pieces from the collection:

La Superbe Sweatshirt

Silk Tee in Bow Print

Textured Scarf

Photo Credit: 123