Lucero Flores ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Lucero Flores

Birthday: December 14

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Fairfax, VA

Major: International Studies and Arabic Language

Dream Job: Professional Dancer and President’s Personal Assistant

Hobbies/Interests: I love dancing, traveling and fashion. They make me the most happy.

Where do I want to travel: I would love to travel to Italy and Greece. They are beautiful countries with rich cultures, food and scenery.

Guilty Pleasure: Key lime cheesecake

Pet Peeve: When people say sorry when don’t they don’t need to.  

Dream Date: Surprises are always fun, but if not I would love to go out dancing to a club or go to concert, preferably a Latino one and then go back home and spend time together.

Coffee with anyone famous: Shakira. She is an amazing woman who is my role model and has had a tremendous amount of success in her singing and dancing career and in her philanthropy work.

Celebrity Crush: Ryan Guzman. He is Latino, an amazing dancer and a classy dresser. 

What people may not know about me: I was a competitive hip-hop dancer in high school.

Life Quote: “There are far better things ahead, then we leave behind.” –C.S. Lewis 

Born and raised in Princeton, New Jersey, Claire Shriver is a Public Communication major and Marketing minor at American University in Washington, DC. She is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus American, Vice President of Communication for AU Social Media Club and an AU Ambassador. This past summer she interned in the Features Department at Marie Claire magazine and has a passion for travel, magazines, and film photography. Kristen Wiig makes Claire cry with laughter and Adele makes her swoon.