Let Me Take a Selfie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

On a recent episode of her reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kim put together a private selfie book for her new husband, rapper Kanye West, while on a family vacation in Thailand. Her sister Khloe wasn’t quite as appreciative of the art form as others, berating Kim on her selfie obsession. “Kim, you can do whatever your heart desires, I’m not ruining anything for you,” Khloé snapped at Kim, “Why don’t you go take some more selfies.” “I’m doing it for Kanye, someone that I love,” Kim responded.

Now, Kim is sharing her selfies with all of us. Reigning reality TV’s queen recently revealed the cover to her new book, fittingly titled Selfish. The 352-page photo book includes never before seen images from before Kim’s rise to superstardom, as well as her iconic ultra-glam looks form today. Many consider Kim to be a trailblazer of the “selfie movement,” as she has mastered the art of taking flattering and personal photos of herself. Her selfie skills were recently featured in a T-Mobile Super Bowl commercial, in which Kim tackles the issue of data stolen by other carriers at the end of each month. 

While Kim may have kept some of her shots private for Kanye, she did reveal she kept plenty of sexy photos her the book. “I’m going to make some super racy,” she said. “I mean, every girl takes pictures of their ass in the mirror … I might share some of them.”  Kim didn’t forget to thank Rizzoli, the book’s publisher, on twitter during the cover reveal. 

In the book description on their website, Rizzoli hails Kim as “the modern-day personification of Marilyn Monroe” and a “true American-icon.” The publisher also describes the book as “a tribute to her fans who have supported her through her very highly publicized journey.”

Soon, Kim’s biggest fans will be able to view more of her selfies (outside of her Instagram) when her book goes on sale in April.

Photo Credit 1 2 3 4

Kari is currently a sophomore in the School of Public Affairs and a contributing writer to Her Campus American. She enjoys trolling tinder, chocolate chip pancakes, and Keeping Up with Kardashians.