This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Jela Lewter

Major: Communication Studies

Hometown: Kannapolis, North Carolina

HC: What are you involved in or do you hope to be involved in here at AU?

Jela Lewter: I hope to get involved in a book club, a creative writing club, and with theater productions.

HC: What’s the best part about being a freshman here at AU?

JL: All the free food.

HC: What is your favorite place in DC?

JL: Carpe Liburm! It’s a bookstore located in Farragut North.

HC: What is your dream job?

JL: My dream job would be to be an editor for HarperCollins publishing.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?

JL: Read!

HC: Do you have a favorite book, and if so why?

JL: I can’t choose! There’s just too many to pick from!

HC: What is your all time favorite movie?

JL: The Proposal!

HC: What song best describes you?

JL: I would say “Satisfied” from Hamilton because I feel I really relate to the song.

HC: What is your favorite part of the Hamilton soundtrack?

JL: I would say “Wait For It” is the best song! I really love the whole energy of the song.

HC: What are you most excited for on the Hamilton mixtape?

JL: Alicia Keys performing “That Would be Enough!”

Photo credits belong to the cutie.

Sarah is currently Senior, graduating December 2019!, at American University. She is studying Business Administration with a self-designed concentration and a minor in literature. Sarah hopes to conquer the world one day but right now she is focused on her undergraduate degree and her law school applications. When Sarah's not writing article's for HCAU she can also be found leading the chapter as CC and President, giving tours of Kogod, working as a Kogod Team Lead, hanging with her amazing first year residents, doing her accounting intern work, or around campus with her wicked awesome friends!!! Feel free to follow Sarah on twitter and Instagram at @sarah_teix98