Holiday Gift Guide: Your Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s Holiday time again! Snow, hot cocoa, ice skating and holiday lights are everywhere. And along with all this comes the looming pressure to pick a great holiday gift. Here are our picks for the best gifts to get your Mom for the holidays this year.

1. iPhone or iPad cover

It seems like everyone these days has a smartphone, iPad, or Kindle. So while your mom may be up to date on the latest technology, why not also keep her on top of her fashion as well? Try a whimsical polka dot pattern from Kate Spade or a fun floral print from Vera Bradley. Either way you can’t go wrong and your mom is sure to love the tech update.

2. Homemade:

Tight on budget but still want to give your mom something special? Spend some time and make her something! Even if you know how to knit, there is an easy tutorial for infinity scarves that she is sure to love. And if you make it, you can personalize it and make it any color you want. Or, if you are more into pictures, make your mom a calendar of p of your family or a scrapbook or photo album filled with memories. Heartfelt gifts are always wanted.

3. Gift card for pedicure or manicure/ spa

All year round, moms work hard to make sure everything goes as planned and are always doing things for others. Why not show her your appreciation and give her a day to relax? A gift certificate to a spa for a massage, manicure, or pedicure is an easy way to show your mom you care.

4.  Book, on poster

Does your mom love to read, yet you want to get her something different other than yet another book? Put her favorite book on the wall! Over 50 classic books are included on the website PosterText. This site turns favorite books into works of art, sure to be a surprise among a sea of other books.

5. Harry and David

Does your mom love food? Get her a gourmet food basket! Harry and David’s has a wide selection of all kinds of delicious foods, including specialty pears, dips, and teas. There is something for every pallet here!

How more ideas for mothers? Comment below!

Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.