Hey, its okay… to be single during “cuffing season”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Ladies, it’s that season again. No, not fall, but “cuffing season.” The time of the year when girls, and guys feel that lust and desire to “cuff” someone or commit to a relationship. It’s understandable. It’s getting cold, and naturally you want someone to share that warmth with you. Who doesn’t want someone to cuddle with them in between blankets, watch movies on Netflix all day with, or feed them soup when they’re sick? It’s a natural need, especially for collegiates our age. But the want to be in a relationship during cuffing season is just for that brief moment in time, temporary. But ladies, it’s okay to be single! Some may say blondes have more fun, but single ladies definite do it better.

Hey, it’s okay to be single during cuffing season because…

1. You don’t have worry about buying someone else a Christmas or Valentine’s Day gift. Show yourself some love with a gift.

2. You can do whatever you want, when you want. Single ladies don’t have to worry about checking up or checking in with anyone.

3. You can do you. If you wanna have a “sweatpants, hair tied, chillin’ with no makeup on” type of day, you can. You don’t have to feel pressured to look good for anyone.

4. You don’t have to worry about sharing the blanket and not getting equal coverage. It’s all yours, so enjoy!

5. You can take yourself out. Who says you need a man to treat you right?

6. You can pick and choose all you want. All the ice cream flavors are yours to sample. Don’t just be tied down to chocolate or vanilla.

7. You don’t have to worry about constantly making plans to spend time with each other. As females, we all know we can be indecisive at times.

8. Your friends won’t nag you about not spending enough time with them.

9. You’ll get better grades. In the midst of midterms and finals there’s no time to get distracted.

10. You can have as many “baby crushes” as you want… that could potentially turn in relationships after cuffing season is over.

But honestly, don’t feel pressured to get into a relationship because “No boyfriend, no problems.” 

What’s not okay… trying to get back with your ex just in time for cuffing season. No bueno.

Photo Credit: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TBSOQMuW5zU/TjV6KLJdihI/AAAAAAAAAAk/qrXt6V9uzLA/s1600/43.jpg

Brianna M. Williams is a student in the School of Communication at American University in Washington, D.C. She is studying print journalism, with minors in graphic design and marketing. Currently, Brianna is a seventeen social club member for Seventeen Magazine, an online marketing assistant in American University's School of Communication, and a chapter advisor for Her Campus. Dance Moms and E! News are her guilty pleasures. And she loves the feeling and smell of a new magazine, as much as she loves opening a new pair of shoes.