Here Are Moments You May Have Missed From the 2024 Grammys 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

The 66th annual Grammy Awards were hosted by Trevor Noah on Feb. 4. The show was a historical moment for many and honored those who continue to leave a lasting impact on the music industry. 

For those who didn’t watch, continue reading to learn more about some of the biggest moments of the night. 

Taylor Swift Announces New Album and Breaks Records

Upon winning the award for Best Pop Vocal Album, Taylor Swift announced her upcoming album “The Tortured Poets Department,” which is set to come out on April 19.

She also won her fourth Album of the Year award, the most of any artist to win this award. Celine Dion made her iconic return to present it. Swift has now won a total of 14 Grammys. 

During her acceptance speech for Album of the Year, she brought out her friend and fellow artist who was featured on the “Midnights” album, Lana Del Rey, acknowledging the inspiration she has on so many in the field.

SZA Wins Big As The Most Nominated Artist

SZA won three awards, including Best R&B Song for “Snooze,” and was nominated for nine, the most of any artist this year. 

During a Grammys commercial in collaboration with MasterCard, she introduced her new unreleased song “Saturn” off of her upcoming album “Lana.” 

Victoria Monét Wins Best New Artist 

Rising R&B artist Victoria Monét won Best New Artist against Noah Kahan, Ice Spice and others. 

She gave a lengthy acceptance speech, showing her gratitude for being recognized by The Academy. 

In addition to Best New Artist, she won Best Engineered Album and Best R&B album prior to the start of the show.

Karol G Makes Latin Music History

Columbian artist Karol G became the first female winner of the Best Música Urbana Album category for “Mañana Será Bonito.” Fellow Colombian singer Maluma presented the award.

She shouts out her home country and thanks her family, friends and fans in her acceptance speech.

After the show, she called her family in Colombia, who congratulated her on her historical win.

Tracy Chapman Returns To The Stage

The “Fast Car” singer sang the legendary song with country artist Luke Combs. The two performed the song as a tribute to Chapman’s iconic career. 

The last time Chapman performed in public was on her 2009 tour and she first sang “Fast Car” at the 1989 Grammy Awards when she won Best Female Pop Vocalist.

Combs received a nomination for Best Country Solo Performance for his cover of the popular tune at this year’s show.

Jay-Z Wins Dr. Dre Global Impact Award

The rapper won the award for his many accomplishments in the rap music industry. It honors those who have “used their platform to give back, past just the musical medium,” according to People Magazine.

He brought out daughter Blue Ivy to stand alongside him during his acceptance speech. 

His speech created a lot of online discourse, as he seemingly called out The Academy for not awarding his wife, Beyoncé, Album of the Year, despite her 32 Grammy wins. 

Miley Cyrus Wins Her First Grammy

Her global hit “Flowers” won the award for Best Pop Solo Performance, Cyrus’s first Grammy win. 

During the debut performance of the single, Cyrus cheered out as she said “I just won my first Grammy.”

She went on to win Record Of The Year for the same track, achieving two Grammy wins for the night as well as six Grammy nominations.

Billy Joel Makes Comeback With New Song

After 17 years, Billy Joel released and performed his new song “Turn the Lights Back On,” which was released Feb. 1. Joel hadn’t sung at the Grammys in 30 years. 

He closed the Grammy awards with a performance of his popular hit “You May Be Right.”

For more information on who won at the 2024 Grammys, check out the full list here!

Sofia Marcus

American '25

Sofia Marcus is a current junior double-majoring in Journalism and Justice, Law & Criminology. She is from Boca Raton, FL and enjoys going to concerts, trying new foods & drinks, reading books, and writing. Sofia is also the Print Editor for HerCampus American.