This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Who doesn’t love eating snacks? And plus, cooking up a tasty treat is a great way to take a break from finals. But be warned: not all snacks are equal! To give you lasting energy throughout finals, we’ve compiled a list of healthy foods guaranteed to fill you up and keep you going all night long. Take a look at our tasty faves below!

1. Everyone knows the usual celery with peanut butter and rasins, aka Ants on a Log, that your mom made for you when you were a kid. The great secret behind these snacks is that there was lasting protein in the peanut butter, fiber in the celery, and sweet Vitamin C in the raisins that helped give us so much energy! Plus, they were easy to clean up and perfectly portable, just like this grown-up version. We’ve kept the celery, but traded out the fat-rich peanut butter for creamy hummus and swapped your basic raisins for tart dried cranberries. You can grab hummus at Whole Foods, or check this recipe to make your own! Here’s to a snack that you can take to the library and back!

2. If something a little more sweet is up your alley, look to the French for healthier desserts! Contrary to what the movies would have you believe, most locals prefer a cheese plate with a small piece of chocolate to some opulent dessert. Make your own with different cheeses from Whole Foods. Serve with some fresh pear or apple slices, a square of dark chocolate, and a drizzle of honey. The cheese has protein, while the fruit has cold-fighting Vitamin C and dark chocolate can help prevent weight gain! And of course, honey helps to fight off any sore throats that might be coming your way. So indulge, and let a little sweetness into your life!

3. Looking for something salty, but know you’ll regret those potato chips later? Reach instead for some low-sodium tortilla chips and fresh-made guacamole! The combo of chips and dip will help keep your sodium intake down, which will decrease bloating and that greasy feeling later, plus fill you up with vitamins and healthy fats from the avocado and tomato. Eat this one in moderation: too much of a good thing, you know. Check here for a homemade guac recipe grunteed to fire up your tastebuds!

Any other healthy snacks that you guys are eating? Find some crazy flavor combo that we’re missing? Tell us in the comments! 

Photo Credits:

1, 2, 3