“Gals on the Go” Is the Podcast You Need in 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

With the amount of social media available in 2022, finding influencers who are real, honest and open with their audience is rare. But Brooke Miccio and Danielle Carolan, hosts of “Gals on the Go”, are doing just that. 

Released every Wednesday,  this lifestyle podcast incorporates a mix of advice, stories and interviews, catering to college-aged audiences. Since the start of the show in 2018, Miccio and Carolan have gained incredible traction, with a strong listening base and over 100k Instagram followers each. 

Both Miccio and Carolan graduated from the University of Georgia, and began their show while they were students which gave them much to discuss in terms of college advice. At the start of their podcast career, both Miccio and Carolan already had their own Youtube channel, and used their knowledge of social media to embark on their new adventure.

“We kind of stumbled into it,” said Carolan, discussing the origins of the podcast on a recent episode called Gals on the Go 101: Starting our podcast and what we have learned. “We were very mindful about it…we were like we’re gonna do this, and we’re gonna do it right–but ‘right’ as in what we knew.” 

Now, as the two navigate post-grad life, they often look back on their time in college, share words of wisdom that will ring true for college students today. The two share stories about everything from social media, to gift guides, to unpopular opinions and more. 

Some of the gals’ most popular episodes to date include, “what we wish we knew before college,” how to thrift, how to stop comparing yourself to others and “you ARE the main character!” Listeners can also request topics to be discussed, making it feel like Miccio and Carolan are the big sisters you never had. 

But Miccio and Carolan are not the only ones on the show dishing out the advice on their podcast. Their interview series brings an exciting mix of guests, including social media influencers, experts on veganism and even the families of the hosts. Most recently, TikTok curator Lauren Wolfe was featured in a discussion about being yourself and living your best life, where she discussed her life as a fashion and food influencer living in New York City. 

“Gals on the Go” has allowed Miccio and Carolan to share their stories to a dedicated fan base, and feel even more connected to their listeners.

“We know how much it’s impacted our lives in terms of social life,” says Miccio in Gals on the Go 101. “But the emotional capacity, to come on and share and dump and just know that anyone could listen to it, it definitely is a toll, in a way.” 

Recently, “Gals on the Go” have also expanded their platform and have created a video series on their Youtube, where each episode is also filmed in video format alongside the typical podcast. This addition is great for anyone who may prefer video format to listening. Miccio and Carolan also each have their own Youtube channels for vlogs that are sure to entertain. 

“Gals on the Go” is the lifestyle podcast you need in 2022, bringing advice, authenticity and a whole lot more. Check out the new episodes released every Wednesday on Spotify, Podcast One or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Emma Nicholson

American '24

Emma Nicholson (she/her) is a sophomore at American University studying journalism. Originally from Franklin Massachusetts, Emma is passionate about dance and the performing arts. She also loves writing, baking, and traveling.