Four Wild Wet Weather Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Everyone knows how unpredictable DC weather can be, but Her Campus AU has got you covered! Don’t feel like you need to sacrifice your fashion sense for weather sensibility. There is nothing fun about walking into class with your wet hair dripping all over your midterm, so here are four wet weather accessories that will help keep you dry and stylish in any Washington-caliber rainstorm. 

Rain Coat

A trendy trench coat is a must. It’s a classic staple for every girl’s wardrobe. And it goes with everything from simple leggings or jeans to fall dress. This wardrobe investment doesn’t need to be a huge splurge either. This versatile jacket from Target is worth every penny at 40 dollars. 

Umbrella

There is nothing worse than a perfect hair day ruined by an unexpected rain shower. Always carry an umbrella! The best to way differentiate yourself from everyone else on the quad is with a bright monogrammed umbrella, like this one from Etsy.

Rain Boots

Don’t put your favorite flats through those puddles on the way to class. On gloomy days, a bright pair of rain boots are a must. These yellow Hunter boots add a pop of color to any outfit and keep your feet dry. 

Waterproof Watch

A watch is such an iconic statement piece. You can’t afford to let your watch get ruined by the rain though. Invest in a waterproof or water resistant watch like this one from Fossil. The rose gold hue is perfect for every fashion forward student.

Take these waterproof necessities and fight your way through the mist, rain showers and snow on your journey to the Katzen building, or even worse, Kreeger! 

Photo credit:
http://s7d2.fossil.com//is/ima…?$fossilResponsive_pdpdetail$

Mikala Rempe is a sophomore at American University in Washington, D.C., originally from Omaha, Nebraska. She is a literature major with a minor in creative writing. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Mikala is on staff for the AmLit, AU’s premiere literary arts magazine. In her free time she loves to read, and cook. She spends most of her days accidentally spilling coffee on her own poetry. She hopes this isn't a metaphor.