Dapper in Designer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Ezra Menelik (’15) is by far one of the most well-dressed men on campus. You will never find him in gym shorts and a tee, that is for sure! Ezra describes his style as classic, (yet in the least cliché way possible). I happened to catch Ezra in this amazing ensemble consisting of a Zara shirt and blazer, J.Crew tie, Ferragamo belt and loafers, Vince trousers, a Gucci clutch, and Burberry timepiece. He effortlessly combines designer duds with everyday staples in order to pull off wonderfully put-together looks. Luckily, Ezra offered some tips for the rest of AU’s male population about how to spruce-up their look. “The problem with men today”, Ezra explained, “is that they just don’t know where to start – begin with the basics and work your way up. It’s all about mixing classic elements and adding in a few statement pieces to amp up the style”. For example, Ezra’s favorite designer is Thom Browne because he focuses on minute details such as the stitching, trims, and even buttons that go on each garment. The biggest piece of advice Ezra offered is for men to go to a tailor regularly, “Men’s clothing isn’t made to fit right off of the rack, so whether you’re buying a $75 blazer or a $500 sports jacket, it all needs to be tailored!”