Christian Knoch ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Christian Knoch

Age: 20

Hometown: Garden City, NY

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Major: International Relations

Ideal Girl: My girlfriend (one of a kind)

Dream Date: For the first date- always dinner and the right place to go afterwards to talk for a bit. Since I’ve been with someone for a while, my dream date would be far more adventurous. Skydiving perhaps? Concerts work too.

Hobbies/Interests/Involvements: Delta Tau Delta Fraternity, ice hockey, soccer and lacrosse, wildlife conservation and advocacy (my internship for the World Wildlife Fund)

Favorite Place in DCSmithsonian National Zoo

Celebrity Crush: Mila Kunis

Three Words To Describe Yourself: Driven, Persistent and Future-oriented

Guilty Pleasure: The Newsroom

Pet Peeves: When people around me are okay living in complete squalor. Or maybe I’m just a touch OCD.

Places to Travel: Saipan, Anywhere in Japan, the Maldives, French Polynesia, Namibia, Antarctica and Munich.

Favorite Movie: My Cousin Vinny

Something That Not Many People Know About You: I have five guinea pigs, three of which reside in my apartment and serve as my alarm clock.

Future Plans: I’m hoping to live in DC or better, downtown Manhattan, but it all depends on where the job takes me. My ultimate goal is to be a wildlife conservationist and specialize in something like marine science or ecology or something that will let me travel to Antarctica on a regular basis so I can chill with the penguins. Simultaneously, I want a family and a semi-aquatic backyard for my capybara. My goal is to travel the world (just like every SIS major) and hopefully get a Masters from Columbia or Carnegie Mellon. Outside of that, I’ll take it one step at a time.