Collegietes have extremely busy schedules, and it can often be difficult to find time for hanging out with your friends. However, Her Campus American has identified the keys to making the most of the moments you have with your best friends. We look to several notable celebrity best friends that seem to last through whatever life throws at them: Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner, Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez, Beyonce and Kelly Rowland, and Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, to name a few.
1. Focus on what you have in common. Having the same profession or interests allows friends to relate to one another, swap stories, and spend time together. Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Cara Delevingne are able to stay connected through modeling. Experiencing life events with each other results in a deeper, more meaningful friendship.
2. Branch out and try new things together. Just because you and your best friend have old traditions doesn’t mean you two shouldn’t try something new together every once in a while. Long after filming High School Musical, Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens still spend time together by going to dance workout classes or shopping.
3. Have fun together. Keeping each other happy, smiling and laughing is the key to a positive and uplifting friendship. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have this one down. They are always taking jabs at each other, but all in the name of fun. They don’t take life too seriously, which is important when life gets stressful. These friends know how to stay positive.
4. Travel together. Whether it’s taking a walk around the block or flying across the country together, new experiences with your best friend will help create memories that will last. Actresses Courtney Coz and Jennifer Aniston have tried this one out. Cox joined Aniston and her fiancé Justin Theroux on their honeymoon because they wanted it to be more of a group celebration. These friends are all about celebrating, traveling and enjoying life. That couldn’t be more important for a long-lasting friendship.
5. Support each other. Being there for each other in a time of need is what friendship is all about. Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King exemplify this in the best way possible. Throughout the years we have seen these friends struggle with their weight. These friends were there to help keep each other on track. Today we have seen both Winfrey and King shedding the pounds, and there is no doubt that emotional support from each other played an important role in this.