This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Meet Alyssa Bayne! This American Uuniversity cheerleader and SIS Mentor loves Walk the Moon and dreams of traveling to Norway one day! 

Major: International Studies

Hometown: Annapolis, MD

Clubs and Activities: AU Cheer team, SIS Mentorship, She’s the First

What T.V. show character do you relate yourself to and why: Spencer from Pretty Little Liars. I was always the overachiever of my friend group. 

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go: Definitely Norway, I have a lot of extended family there and would love to be able to learn how to speak Norwegian

What food can you not live without: Peanut butter, it is good with so many foods and is full of protein

What is your favorite memory at AU so far: There are so many, but one of my favorites was being able to cheer at the basketball game that Michelle Obama attended

Where is your favorite place to go in D.C.: Dupont Circle Park or Shake Shack

What is your dream job: U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations

What is your favorite song to jam out to: “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon

What is one thing on your bucket list: To sit right behind home plate at a Washington Nationals baseball game with my dad

What is your favorite quote: “It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities” -J.K Rowling