All-Female Ghostbusters Trailer Release

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Several months ago, it was reported that there was going to be a remake of the hit 1984 movie Ghostbusters. What makes this remake extra special is that the main characters are all going to be played by women. The women cast for the roles are all well-known Hollywood actresses, including Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon. Directing this remake is none other than Paul Feig, who has worked with McCarthy in both of her hit films Bridesmaids and Tammy. Just a few days ago, the very first full-length trailer for the movie was released, and it showed these four women in action. 

The trailer starts off with a brief mention of the original Ghostbusters, but it then moves right in to show the women preparing themselves to fight these ghosts, and realizing that they are the right ones for the job. This trailer will not only get people more excited for the movie, but it will also show off some major girl power since these women are the ones taking on the ghosts and saving each other and everyone else from the ghosts taking over. The movie opens in theaters July 15, 2016 and it will also be featured in IMAX theatres and even in 3D. So get excited for a new set of girlbosses to come to a theater near you, in 3D! Watch the trailer below.

Photo Credits: 12