This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Happy Thursday! The weather is gloomy and you may be stuck indoors, but that doesn’t mean you have to be bored; open up youtube, invite some friends and have a dance party! You’re probably posting an adorable #TBT on Instagram right now, so why not have a throwback Thursday themed dance party? Read through this list, have a blast from the past and bump these tunes from 2004 (and try to forget how old you feel)!

Under My Skin – Avril Lavigne

Whether you want to admit it or not, you had an Avril Lavigne phase in your preteens. The pop-punk princess dominated the tween scene from 2002 through roughly 2006; her biggest selling album was Under My Skin. With angry love songs like “My Happy Ending” and “He Wasn’t”, you can reminisce the time when Johnny from homeroom denied your MySpace friend request.

Franz Ferdinand – Franz Ferdinand

It’s probably been a long time since you’ve listened to your hometown alternative-rock radio station, so it’s easy to forget that Franz Ferdinand’s debut album made it big in the U.S. The Glasgow, Scotland natives’ hit single “Take Me Out” is still popular today. If you’ve forgotten how easy it is to dance to this tune, buy it on iTunes and refresh your memory.

The College Dropout – Kanye West

It’s hard to believe that one of Kanye West’s greatest albums came out 10 years ago—it’s harder to believe that it was his first. The album peaked as number two on the Billboard Top 100 and earned the Grammy for Best Rap Album. “Through the Wire” and “All Falls Down” are (arguably) the album’s best tracks, but give them a listen and decide for yourself.

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative – Britney Spears

Beyoncé may be the queen of pop music (in reality—queen of the world), but Britney Spears is most definitely the princess. Every little girl had a Britney Spears phase—you can probably still sing along to “Toxic”, even if you haven’t heard it since it’s release in 2003. After running to music world for about 5 years, Spears decided to release a greatest hits compilation album. Featuring “Oops!… I Did It Again”, “Stronger” and “…Baby One More Time”, this album will take you right back to your fourth grade bedroom, singing into your hairbrush and all.

Hot Fuss – The Killers

Las Vegas natives The Killers released their debut album, Hot Fuss, in November of 2004. Though the band has made three more studio albums, to many Killers fans (and non-fans), Hot Fuss is the greatest (and only) hit. “Mr. Brightside” and “Somebody Told Me” were constantly played at middle school dances throughout the nation, so dress up in some tacky ’04 clothes and dance around!

Photo credit:

wikipedia.org

franzferdinand.com

rollingstone.com

last.fm

indiemusiclove.com

Gabriella Salazar is a junior at American University studying Public Communication and Marketing. She hails from sunny, sunny Los Angeles, California and her proudest moment is meeting Ryan Gosling at the Gangster Squad Premier in January 2013. She's a lover of ballet, wheat thins, food, music and cats; a hater of all things dumb and annoying--like traffic.