4 Must-Haves for Your Next Tinder Date

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

With summer right around the corner, it’s the perfect time for your love life to heat up along with the weather. Whether you’ll be swiping right on cuties in D.C. after your summer internship, or going back home and searching for your long lost high school crush, here are some products that we’re loving from the Her Campus Summer Survival Kit that will get you date ready in no time.

1. Secret Invisible Solid Cool Waterlily Deodorant

Anyone who lives in D.C. knows that the heat and humidity of summer means that deodorant is essential when going on a first date (or anywhere for that matter). This new Fresh line from Secret comes in 11 different fragrances and lasts for 48 hours. We loved the Cool Waterlily scent, which smells sweet and refreshing. Both you and your date will love the scent!

2. Essence Cosmetics Eyebrow Designer

Summertime usually means lighter makeup, so consider skipping the heavy foundation and just focusing on your eyes and brows for the perfect date-night look. This pencil and brush combo is easy to blend and can be used to outline and fill in brows. As if this wasn’t impressive enough, this brand is cruelty-free, super affordable, and readily available at Target, ULTA, and Harmon. We loved using it for a natural look that still seemed put together and ready to impress. 

3. Simply Summer’s Eve Gentle Foaming Wash and Cleansing Cloths

The worst part about summer is how you can get hot and sweaty just from walking outside, and it’s hard to feel fresh and put-together. When getting ready for a first date, it’s important to feel confident, and using products such as Summer’s Eve can help you do just that. The new Simple line has fewer harsh chemicals and more natural ingredients than the original product. We loved the cleansing cloths, because they’re easy to bring with you on a date or to class by storing in your purse, and the coconut and mandarin orange scents remind us of summer. They’re definitely a first-date must-have!

4. Steripod Toothbrush Protector

Fresh breath is important all the time, but especially on a first Tinder date! Although you’ve probably never thought about it, if you keep your toothbrush close to other people’s (like your roommates) or are constantly bringing it around with you on trips back home, it might not be as clean as you want it to be. These toothbrush pods protect the bristles from airborne bacteria or cross-contamination, and keep your toothbrush extra clean. Use it for fresh breath to impress your date with your smile- that looks even better in person than it does on your profile.

All photos belong to the author.

Samantha Boyd

American '19

.
Shannon is the former Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus American University. She is a Psychology major and is also a senior on the varsity swim team.