3 Reasons Why Spring Semester is “Literally the Best”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

1. Something even better to look forward to:  You start out fall semester with a nice tan from the summer and feeling pretty good about what the next four months have to offer.  And once the leaves start to change colors you still feel pretty good because campus looks beautiful and pumpkin spice lattes, etc.  But the weather doesn’t get any better, in fact it gets worse as the work gets piled on and then the gray weather corresponds to your mood about finals.   Campus will look the same when you come back from winter break but at least there’s the promise of knowing that at the end of the semester it will be May and May brings flowers, sun, and warm weather – so May is great.  Summer break = four months off.  No matter how much you love Christmas, that’s pretty nice.

Winter

Spring

2. Spring fashion: You know how every September you would give anything to be able to wear you jeans, sweaters, and boots but run the risk of a) overheating and b) overheating while looking completely out of place?  Fast forward to now and here you are, sick of the sweaters and scarves and coats because layering is only fun when the weather doesn’t require you to do it. By February every retail store has all of its spring merchandise out and it makes you kind of annoyed because it’s such a tease but also kind of (really) excited to plan out your outfits for the next few months.  All of the new additions to your Pinterest board can soon become a reality.  Then when the emails from Madewell start to fill your inbox you’re reassured that all is right with the world.  Flats!  Dresses!  Skirts!  You love life.   

3. DC in the spring:  Cherry blossom season comes into full swing by the time it’s April and American’s campus is at its best.  By the time classes come to an end the temperature is just right and nothing like the unbearable heat that welcomed us in August.  DC is one of the best cities to be in during the spring, there’s always something to do on the weekends while enjoying the beautiful weather.  So many brunch dates so little time.

(You and your friends just doing friend stuff, living life)