This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

When the leaves turn red and fall from the trees, and the air turns brisk, we know that fall is here. As fun as it is to bundle up in scarves and sweaters, posting artsy autumn pictures on Instagram, the most fun part of fall is the food. Here are three fall foods to try this season:

1. Apple Fritters

Back at home, my favorite fall activity is going to the farm and getting crispy apple fritters. The farm near my house only sells them around Halloween, forcing me to wait all year to enjoy this sweet treat. The crispy outer layer and the sweet, soft center form a magical fall delight.  

2. Pumpkin Cheesecake

Another fall favorite is smooth and creamy pumpkin cheesecake. Cheesecake tastes great year-round, but adding some pumpkin creates a distinct fall flavor. A perfect time to serve this dish is Thanksgiving dinner.

3. Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli

For the pasta lovers out there, this fall feast is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli goes well with brown butter sauce and Parmesan cheese. This warm treat will keep you warm as the temperature slowly drops outside.

So what are you waiting for? Get out there and sample these mouth watering seasonal foods!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3

Public Relations and Music student at American University. Singer, foodie and shopaholic with an incurable case of wanderlust. An aspiring publicist and musician dreaming of living in Los Angeles.