3 Drinks to Stir Up This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

As temperatures finally starting to drop, we’re all finally ready for sweater weather. While we start to break out our riding boots and infinity scarves, why not channel that autumn spirit with a festive fall drink? These seasonal sippers just might be tasty enough to make you forget about instagramming your #pumpkinspicelatte.

1. Skinny Pumpkin Spice Milkshake

For a drink so good you would never guess it’s healthy, blend up a Skinny Pumpkin Spice Milkshake. The lowfat milk and Greek yogurt are packed with protein, and the pumpkin has all the Vitamin A you need for the day.

Directions: Blend together one cup of lowfat milk, ½ cup of Greek yogurt, ½ cup of pumpkin puree, and ½ cup of ice cubes. Add a tablespoon of honey, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to taste. For a more indulgent treat, substitute a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the Greek yogurt—no shame in that.

2. Apple-Ginger Sparkler

The Apple-Ginger Sparkler is refreshing, easy to make and perfect for fall parties! It contains only two main ingredients, but it feels so much fancier than that.

Mix together equal parts apple cider and ginger ale and garnish with fresh apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Or, go all Pinterest-y and serve it in a hollowed out apple, because the best cups are edible cups.

3. Salted Caramel Mocha

For a chilly fall day, can anything really beat a piping hot drink? This Salted Caramel Mocha is a delicious way to satisfy your sweet-and-salty cravings.

Pour ¾ cup of coffee over two tablespoons of caramel sauce, two tablespoons of cocoa powder and a pinch of sea salt. Stir in ½ cup of steamed milk. Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkle of sea salt. Enjoy.

Photo credit: ()

Julia Reinstein is a junior at American University. She is studying journalism and hopes to one day write for a magazine. When she isn't writing, she keeps busy as a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma and student body Vice President. Her goals include traveling to Iceland, participating in a flashmob, meeting Hillary Clinton, and owning a mahogany spice rack. She passionately believes in the Oxford comma.