San Juan Moda: Lisa Thon Spring/Summer Collection 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

Puertorrican designer, Lisa Thon, presented her Spring/Summer collection last Saturday, October 10, 2015 at the San Juan Moda event in Puerto Rico, where it took place at the prestigious San Juan Hotel in Isla verde.  Altough, the runway show got overdue for about 2 and a half hours, the wait was totally worth it.  Once in, the atmosphere was certainly magical and it was packed with a lot of people from all types of backgrounds and public figures.

Her muse for the show was singer, actress  and model Ana Isabel (pictured below), who looked stunning every time she came through the runway.  Lisa thon’s designs surely showed us how vibrant and spontaneous the next fashion season will be.  What most dominated in her designs were the gold, navy blue, white and green prints of caribbean palm trees, which were reflected on night gowns, short dresses, jumpsuits and bathing suits.  Big gold necklaces stole the show. Another thing that added personality to one of the most waited runways was that every model had a fashionable turban with each design, giving it a summery, glamorous vibe.  Dress designs for small girls was presented where hot pink, yellow and light blue got combined in beautiful and playful masterpieces.  At the end, the designer walked down with her work team and the models walked down the runway one more time.

Children’s fashion…

*Photo credit to Lisa Thon Fan page on Facebook.

Yarilix Santos is a senior undergraduate student majoring in Psychology. She is a DCP fall intern 2016  and research assistant. Loves to read, write and travel. In her free time you can find her either searching for new places to eat at Old San Juan or in a near coffee shop. She plans to go to grad school and study Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Marcela Alvarez Alvarez is a 21-year-old psychology student at Albizu University located in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. She's the former Campus Correspondent and the founder of Her Campus Albizu. When she graduates, she plans to earn her doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Clinical Neuropsychology.  Marcela enjoys reading, listening to k-pop (korean pop music) and watching beauty videos on YouTube. One of her many goals is to start a lifestyle magazine focusing on beauty, fashion, and how it influences mental health.