This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

I love this season so much. So much candy, so many decorations, pumpkin spice everything, Halloween Horror Nights is going strong, Halloween parties and so much more. Quite frankly is one of my most celebrated holidays. I know, I know; not everybody likes it and I understand.  This tradition developed from an ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, where people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. Over time Halloween evolved into a day activity like trick – or – treat, carving jack – o – lanterns, gatherings and so much more. It marks the end of summer and the beginning of the dark winter. So yes, my fellow readers Halloween is so much more, there is so much history behind it and so many ways to celebrate it.

My friends call me the Monica Geller of Halloween. I have done a party for this celebration for almost five years, I put up decorations since September, get my nails done for the season and plan ahead my costume. Been to Halloween Horror Nights 2 years on a row and even when I’m doing nothing, I’m doing something Halloween related. So, I’m going to share with you my Top Ten activities to do in this month.

1. Decorate the house, not only with Halloween stuff but also with Fall decorations.
  2. Buy candy for everyone and for myself
  3. I love doing candy goodie bags.
  4. Watching not so scary movies (Beetlejuice, Hocus Pocus, Adams Family)
  5. Visit Haunted Houses
  6. Bake cookies and brownies
  7. Get my nails done (Halloween STYLE)
  8. Dress up
  9. Pumpkin Spice Lattes all day every day
  10. Warm dates with my family, friends and puppy.

You don’t have to be a Fall/Halloween aficionado to enjoy this beautiful season. But I invite you to give yourself the opportunity to celebrate it anywhere you are, however you want.  

- Clinical Psychology PhD, Carlos Albizu Student - Born in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico; currently living in San Juan, Puerto Rico - 26 years of age - I love to travel, love animals and enjoy being with my family & friends
Albizu Her Campus