sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How to use your visualization powers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

Hey, did you know you have visualization powers? Yes, you do!

No, it’s not magic. Yes, it’s all about changing your perspective about getting the things that you deeply and honestly desire.

First of all, DISCLAIMER: the use of the concept “The Universe” can be changed to mean your personal higher power, if you believe in one. Please do not think anything stated here is exclusive to a particular religion or belief system.

Now, we can continue! Visualization powers, let’s see, oh yea: you got ‘em!

First of all, what is visualization? In this context, it is a mental technique that helps you create images in your mind about the things you truly desire in order to move your energy into manifesting them.

And now, how do you visualize?

1. Get clear on what you want. This is a big one. You can’t manifest something you’re not clear on. If you don’t know what you want, how can you expect The Universe to give it to you? Oh, and when I say the universe will “give” it to you, I don’t mean that it will give it to you on a silver platter! I mean The Universe will use that image or mental creation to open the necessary doors to manifest what you want to become a reality. In other words, you will still have to do the work.
  2. Give it a shape: or energy, color, look, anything that will make it easier for your to remember it and continuously visualize it until it materializes it.
  3. Ask for it. Before, I thought you could not ask The Universe for things because I did not want to seem ungrateful. But then, looking at really powerful and inspirational women in my life I realized that if you don’t ask, you don’t get! So, do it! Ask for what you want.
  4. Put it everywhere: on your laptop desktop, on your phone, vision board, car, desk , anywhere so that you constantly see it and get used to using your energy to call on what you desire.

And remember…

1. You only get what you think you deserve (and inner work will often reveal, we don’t really usually think that we deserve love, abundance, and all things good!) So, it’s a great idea to look inside and really ask yourself: “do I believe I deserve great things?” 

2. It takes guts and it takes time to get really good at visualizing and asking gratefully for what you want to manifest. ?? Be patient and keep at it!

Now, you are ready to use those powers that reside inside you. Hope you know you do deserve love, abundance, and all things good. Just. Because. You. Are. ? The universe is kind and abundant. Trust it.

Deborah is a Puerto Rican yogi who is passionate about learning and teaching, in that order. She is currently studying to get her Master's degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology at Universidad Carlos Albizu and works full time at Float Aqua Wellness Center, Puerto Rico's first aquatic wellness center. She is passionate about all things wellness and health. When she is not teaching yoga, studying or travelling, she is bullet journaling, writing, reading, cuddling with her Golden Retriever and rescued cat, or spending time at the beach with friends and family. 
Albizu Her Campus