This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

The holiday season is my favorite one of all beginning with the cold nights and the beautiful decorations that appear on every corner. It’s a season filled with joy, laughter and many irreplaceable memories with loving family members. Every song, every recipe made, and every tradition kept takes me back to a childlike innocence that still slightly believes in miracles. Unfortunately, as time passes, and we get older we are confronted with the reality that we must say our farewells to those we love and have become an integral part of our lives for so many years.  When those moments come it’s easy to understand how the time of holly and cheer becomes bittersweet; happy for the present while longing for a moment with those who have left an undeniable mark in our hearts and our souls. As I process a very recent loss  while trying to maintain myself positive and loving for those around me all I can suggest today is a phrase that you have probably read before, live in the moment, love wholeheartedly and never leave for later expressing  how you feel to those you hold dear because we never really know when what we see as a simple goodbye becomes the very last one. I wish you all happy holidays and may your hearts be filled with joy and excitement for whats to come while you savor each and every single moment with those you love.

In memory of my loving grandfather Jose Sierra Mutt, your love and light will forever be treasured in our hearts.

Mi nombre es Charlyne Sierra y soy de Cabo Rojo PR. Obtuve un bachillerato en Educacion en biologia de la Pontificia Universidad Catolica recinto de Mayaguez. Aunque disfrutaba dar clases mi verdadera pasion siempre ha sido la psicologia. Es por esa razon que he decidido estudiar la maestria en Consejeria Psicologica. Soy la orgullosa madre de dos niños hermosos e intelgentes y actualmente me encuentro ayudando a administrar un negocio familiar.
Albizu Her Campus