Top Music Videos of 2014 and 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Music videos are one of my favorite things to watch whenever I have free time. As years have gone on, music videos have become more interesting, creative and artistic. There is dancing, colorful scenery, and costumes. In some way all of this helps the artist tell their story. The following is a list of some of my favorite music videos of the last 12 months.

Sia- Chandelier

Maddie Ziegler, from Dance Moms, plays a young Sia who is struggling to battle alcoholism. The abandoned apartment that Maddie dances in is plain and grey which really forces the viewers eye towards her emotions while shes dancing. Its one of the most touching videos Ive seen. 

Meghan Trainor- All About That Bass

Finally a music video where there are people who look like me and finally a song that doesn’t bash people who are over a size two. This video is colorful, full of energy from the dancers and there’s a good message for everybody. Have confidence!

Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars- Uptown Funk

This video looks like something out of the late 80s, early 90s. The background dancers, emphasis on cars and shoe shining really took me back. Bruno Mars also reminds me of a cross between Michael Jackson and Prince. What could be a better combination?!

Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney- FourFiveSeconds

This is a very interesting music video. Filmed in black and white with silhouettes of each artist, the video focuses on the emotional aspect of the song. For some reason I want to go crazy just like Rihanna when watching this video.

Jessie J, Arianna Grande and Nicki Minaj- Bang Bang

Three different artists, three different personalities and one hot music video. There is so much energy and lively dancing, this is definitely another video that I cant help dancing along to.

(Photo courtesy of Anna Brown)

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!