This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

On September 8th music superstar Rihanna launched her first ever solo makeup line, Fenty Beauty, as a Sephora and Harvey Nichols exclusive. She hosted a launch party the night before with several internet beauty influencers in attendance and opened up a Sephora in NYC at midnight during a launch.

As of now her line includes: foundation, primer, highlighter, skin sticks, and other goodies.

Her line is inclusive to fit many different skin tones, as her foundation comes in 40 shades from the lightest you can find to the darkest. This is something that is rarely seen from other makeup brands especially with the darker shades. When other brands fail to produce adequate shades for darker skinned women it is as if you are indirectly telling them that you do not want them purchasing your products.

Rihanna sent a point across the entire beauty industry with this line and her campaign that this can no longer occur.

I went into Sephora myself to see if the hype was true as a lot of women seem to love it and to be honest the hype definitely lives up to my expectation. I could tell that the darker skinned women are loving this line the most because when I looked at the display, all of the 400 shades were sold out.

I purchased the Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation ($34) in the shade 370 and it seemed to match perfectly. I also purchased the Match Stick Trio ($54) in the 300 shade. I actually had to go to two different Sephora’s to find the foundation, but it was worth it.

The line is very affordable when compared to the other brands the Sephora carries and won’t break the bank. If you want to check out Fenty Beauty for yourself head over to your local Sephora as soon as you can.

Chineze, is the former President of Her Campus Albany (2016-2018). Keep up with with her on Instagram: @browneyedblues, and subscribe to her YouTube channel! youtube.com/c?browneyedblues