This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

So as you all may know, spring break 2019 is fast approcahing, especially for all of my SUNY Albany sutdents. I’ve been thinking of ways I can prepare my liver for my upcoming Cancun experience. I’ve thought of everything; not going to parties for the next two weeks, detoxing, only drinking water, etc. While in class my friend suggested fasting. At first I was shocked! If you know me, you know I eat 24/7, but I’ve never fasted and it was something I was willing to try.

The next day, I woke up ready not to eat. The plan was to eat my first meal of the day at 6 p.m.Long story short this did not go as planned. My friend and I went to the mall and all of the food options were just too tempting. I am proud to say I got a tomato pesto pasta at 3 p.m., in the afternoon. I realized, in order to fast, I have to be in the correct mental state and in a stress free environment. This is something I definitely want to try in the future, but maybe for Spring Break, I will have to find another successful way to fully detox my liver. 

My name is Daria and I am currently a junior at SUNY Albany. I am studying biology and hope to, one day, become a nurse practitioner.