Style > Beauty

5 of the Most Exciting New Beauty Releases

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème – $30

One of the best new beauty releases is Marc Jacobs new line of lipsticks named Le Marc Lip Crème. Marc describes them as luxury lipsticks that last. The formula is rich and hydrating too, without holding back on pigmentation. There are 20 new gorgeous shades to choose from named after iconic women that have inspired Marc throughout his life. There are also some new gel lip liners and sheer lipsticks that have been added to the collection that we can’t wait to try.

Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette – $58

Hourglass is known for its flawless powder products, especially their ambient lighting blushes. Now they have released a set of 7 unique eyeshadow palettes to their line. Each one has five shades that includes both matte and shimmer and there is a wide range of colour choice within the collection. The colours are designed to seamlessly transition into one another and look fantastic for mixing together for a complete eye makeup look or for using the individual shades on their own. The eyeshadows also come in the beautiful traditional sleek hourglass gold packaging.

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation – $48

Anyone who loves Nars foundation should get excited for this new release. The All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation is an oil-free foundation with a natural and lightweight coverage that is still full. It is suitable for all skin types and is supposed to last for 16 hours. The range comes in all the same colours as other Nars foundations so finding your shade shouldn’t be too difficult. We hope that this foundation is as good as the much raved about and loved Nars Sheer Glow.

Estee Lauder Little Black Primer – $24

Estee Lauder describe this as a “little black dress for your lashes”. It’s a unique black eyelash primer compared to traditional white eyelash primers so it can be used on its own or before applying mascara. It can also be applied after mascara as a top-coat to set. Also Kendall Jenner, the new face of Estee Lauder, is promoting the product so it’s sure to be a best-seller.

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection – $15.99-$25.99

Real Techniques is a relatively new brush company created by British Beauty Youtubers Sam and Nic Chapman. Their first range of brushes have been wildly successful due to their superior quality at a low price compared to most brushes on the market. They have now released a new collection of brushes, the Bold Metals Collection. These brushes are more expensive than the originals but are supposed to be better quality and more luxurious. The collection contains 7 brushes for base, eyes and finishing for a complete makeup application. 

Picture Sources: marcjacobsbeauty.com, temptalia.com, esteelauder.com, sephora.com and pintrest.com

Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus!