This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alaska chapter.

To everyone else who’s sixth birthday cakes were made in the iconic shape of Hello Kitty’s head, to those who watched her and her twin sister, Mimmy, take on the fairy tale world of Hansel and Gretel and Snow White, our childhood VHS & chill favorite is making a comeback.

Warner Bros has made a deal with Sanrio, the firm who manages Hello Kitty, after five years of conversation. The mouthless character, who is not actually a cat, but a British anthropomorphic feline, has made billions of dollars since 1974 in her staple overalls and red bow. She appears on pencil cases, backpacks, pajamas, bed spreads and stationary, to name a few things. “It’s a rare privilege to have the opportunity to explore the possibilities of such timeless I.P.,” said New Line presidents Carolyn Blackwood and Richard Brener in a statementNew Line Cinema, the unit of Warner Bros the film will be produced in, made the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. The firm said, “Hello Kitty and her friends have been part of our shared culture for decades and we look forward to exploring where her newest adventure will take her.” There is currently no plot for the film yet.

“We have some pretty exciting ideas about Kitty,” Beau Flynn, New Line producer, told The New York Times. One of which is whether to make the film completely animated or part live action. Whatever happens with the film, Hello Kitty is sure to bring her message love of friendship, that last through the years, to the big screen.

Mackenzie Sylvester is a senior Digital Journalism student at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. She is founder, editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for the University of Alaska Her Campus chapter and a National Writer for HC beauty. Mack is obsessed with all things health, beauty and magazine related. She is a retired hockey player, photographer, Potterhead and world-traveler. Mack is the self-proclaimed Hermione Granger who really was placed in Ravenclaw. Follow her on Instagram @macksylvester27.