This is the Best YouTube Music Channel for Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alaska chapter.

I’ve always had the hardest time trying to find something to listen to while I studying or working. I’m the kind of person that, if I need to focus, I can’t listen to any songs with words. At the same time though, I need to listen to something, or else outside noises will distract me. Nothing makes me more frustrated than trying to focus and hearing the person next to me breathing too hard or chewing too loud.

Luckily, I found the perfect YouTube channel. It’s called Ambient World, and they have different hour-long videos that play calming montages of ambient music from popular movies and shows. They have songs from Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Game of Thrones, and more. I’ve added some of my favorites down below, go give them a listen and I promise you’ll feel more relaxed and focused than before. I know I did! 

Hagrid’s Hut

This is my absolute favorite of all the videos on Ambient World’s channel. It brings me warm and happy memories from Harry’s younger years at Hogwarts and calms me down to my core. I can really get some good studying going if this is playing.

Winterfell at Dusk

For all my Game of Thrones fans out there, this one is a must listen. It brings you to the chilly world of Winterfell and can really bring along a sense of calmness, which can seem ironic from a show known for such violence.

Pirates of the Caribbean

This one is for the adventure lovers out there. I wouldn’t say this playlist is calm, but it can give you a small sense of urgency. So if you’re working on an assignment that you’ve procrastinated on, this is the one to get you working faster. (Plus the boat animation is fun to follow along with.)

Chronicals of Narnia | Winter Woods

Nothing is quite as relaxing as a snowy landscape, especially as an Alaskan. The tranquil air to this video really brings me a sense of serenity, making me feel I can finish any assignment I’m working on while listening to this. 

Star Wars | Moon of Endor

If you are more into nature sounds, this video is perfect! It has the ever-changing noises of the forest with a tranquil Star Wars score overtop. 

The Shire

This positive-theme ambience is one of my go-tos. The happy land of the hobbits fills with the humming of Ian McKellan and flutes in this video. It can make the most depressing homework assignment feel easier to look at. 

Rivendell

The flowing waterfalls, the beautiful composition, this piece is as wonderful as you can imagine. 

So if you’re having a tough time focusing, but still want some music playing, think about adding this to your repitoire of study hacks. It has really changed the way that I focus, and in turn, made me more successful in my academic and professional life.

Kelsey is a senior Justice and Psychology student at the University of Alaska Anchorage. She is the Anchorage Correspondent and writer for the University of Alaska Her Campus chapter. Kelsey is an avid traveler and just finished a five week long backpacking trip through Europe. She is very environmentally conscious and working towards living with less plastic and waste in every aspect of her life. Kelsey is a small business owner of an art studio and fan of all things creative. She is also working towards making her way into the fantasy fiction novel world. Follow her on Instagram @kelseykroon to see travel photos and ideas about how to create less waste!