An Ode To Comfort Colors and Norts – From a Northerner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

I swore I would never convert. The uniform was never my style, and I was too stubborn to even give you a chance. I would laugh and make fun of the other girls whose hems would reach their knees.

But little did I know that I would soon see the light. 

The free Health Hut t-shirts were so tempting. The endless supply of comfort colors with frockets that occupied every organization on campus were so enticing. Nike shorts in ever color, cut and pattern could be seen on every sidewalk and in every store. It wasn’t until that dreaded 8 a.m. class that I finally gave in. 

It only took three slept-through alarms and a test worth 40% of my grade to do it. I already slept in over-sized shirts, and I had a healthy stock of Norts all over my floor. So why should I waste my time in the morning picking out an outfit, when the comfiest and most practical thing I could ever wear also gives me time for coffee? 

Norts and XL shirts, I love you – I really do. You have saved me from so many almost-tardies, and from the aftermath of so any darties. In my opinion, you will never go out of style.  Even if when I go back home I get questioned whether or not I’m wearing pants, or if people stare at me on the street – I can proudly state that I woke up like this. 

Photo by Element5 Digital on Unsplash

With a name like Dani California, you wouldn't think I'd live in Sweet Home Alabama! Lover of sports, belting out musical theatre songs and all things glitter.
Kristen is a senior at The University of Alabama majoring in English and minoring in journalism and creative writing. She loves music festivals, reading, Alabama Football, and binge watching Food Network. She serves as Health Chair for the Beta Rho Chapter of Alpha Omega Epsilon. After graduation, she will be moving to Indianapolis to teach through Teach For America.