This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and with this season comes holiday movies! Since this year may look a little different than others, sitting down to watch a holiday movie with your friends and family is a great way to keep the holiday cheer while staying safe! Here’s my must-watch movies this (and every) holiday season:

The Grinch

Coming in at #1 is The Grinch. It’s such a timeless classic, and who doesn’t love the song “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch?” I think we can ALL agree that the superior version is Jim Carrey’s 2000 take on the tale, but whichever one you choose, you’re guaranteed to have a laugh.

Elf

Elf is the perfect holiday movie to watch with the family to boost holiday spirit. Will Ferrell’s acting is 10/10, and it is easily a film that can be played on repeat throughout the holiday season. Oh, and, the soundtrack? It’s one of the best Christmas movie soundtracks in my humble opinion. As Buddy the Elf once said, “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!”

The Santa Clause

Now The Santa Clause trilogy is definitely one worth mentioning. From Scott Calvin’s one liners, to Bernard the Head Elf’s sarcastic personality, even the reindeer’s gibberish, it is a fun watch for the whole family! This movie does a fantastic job at keeping the spirit of Christmas alive in the hearts of millions.

Whether you plan to watch alone or with loved ones this holiday season, treat yourself to a cup of hot cocoa and a movie night!

Lexi Carson

Alabama '23

Outside of Her Campus I love spending time with my friends, watching movies, and volunteering at DCH hospital!
Alabama Contributor