Working on Campus and Being a Full-Time Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

This is my first year working at The University of Akron while also taking classes full-time. Usually, I would reserve working for summertime so that I wouldn’t be too busy and overwhelmed.

However, this semester, I started working at an on-campus job. I really appreciate the opportunity to make a little bit of money and learn some very important skills that I can take into my professional career.

In addition to taking 15 credits, I am also a copyeditor for the school newspaper and taking on an officer position for a literary journal run by students. I don’t have too much time to spare for working and building other professional experiences like internships or shadowing.

Emily is excited to be a part of the Akron chapter of Her Campus. She is majoring in English and minoring in Converged Media Studies. She is also working toward a Certificate in Professional Social Media. Emily enjoys drinking tea, decorating, and spending time with her family. Her favorite motto / quote to live by is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."