This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

When embarking upon any new project, there is undoubtedly a range of emotional states that run through the minds of a young, developing team.  There is excitement for all the new possibilities and connections that will likely be made. There is happiness in knowing that you will foster quality friendships with the people who have joined you in working toward a common goal. And, of course, there is often a tinge of apprehension in wanting to both see the thing you are most passionate about succeed and receive positive reception by your audience.

In creating Her Campus Akron, our team has transformed from a few like-minded individuals with an interest in journalism to a cohesive group of ambitious women looking to provide an engaging resource for fellow college women. We have united as writers, marketers, and social media mavens to highlight each of our strengths and offer a publication that we believe will reach the hearts and minds of our peers.

One of the main foundations in which Her Campus Akron was founded was with the intention of providing an inclusive space that elevates the voices of our UA community. We hope to inspire content creation that is meaningful to the lives of college women, all while empowering them to this platform for positive change and education. The aim of Her Campus Akron is to ultimately encompass a wide range of topics and ideas that reflect our diverse backgrounds, purposefully creating insightful bonds within our community.

We hope that you will join us.

Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.