This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Hey all you movie lovers! 

Now that winter is coming and the wind is howling, I thought it is only best to compile of list of the best movies to watch while you snuggle up with some hot cider, coffee, or hot chocolate and a bowl of popcorn! Here are my top five favorite movies to watch on a lazy winter day!

“The Notebook” (2004)

I am not a romantic movie type of girl, but I do agree that The Notebook is probably EVERYONE’S guilty pleasure. I mean this movie is filled with dramatic sequences (he wrote her every day!) as well as cute and funny moments. There’s a little bit of everything in this, plus, young Ryan Gosling…I mean, need I say more?

“Beauty and the Beast” (2017)

I LOVE Emma Watson, so naturally this is on my list. There is nothing better than a fun and new take on the old beloved classic. Plus the soundtrack is amazing.

“Harry Potter” Series

So since we are talking about Emma Watson, we might as well add in these classics. Coming from a fan, who has read all of the books at least 3 times through, the movies are one of my favorite things to binge. Freeform’s Harry Potter marathon is my favorite time of the year, but since Freeform stopped showing the marathon in 2018, I’ve had to get creative. Trip to the local library, anyone? 

“Moana” (2016)

I think this one is self explanatory. I mean who doesn’t love Moana? I certainyl love this movie and if you haven’t seen it, it is most definitely a must watch.

“Big Hero 6” (2014)

Okay, this is one of my favorite movies. It is not super popular so much now, but it is definitely still a must watch. Baymex is the cutest thing ever and will melt your heart, I promise you! 

I am a middle child of a single mom from Pittsburgh, PA. I am currently studying English as a major and Philosophy as a minor at the University of Akron. I love reading, writing, hiking, camping, doing community service, and hanging out with friends and family. I have a spunky kitty names Charlie who runs my life!
Madeline Myers is a 2020 graduate of the University of Akron. She has a B.A. English with a minor in Creative Writing. At Her Campus, Madeline enjoys writing movie and TV reviews. Her personal essay “Living Room Saloon” is published in the 2019 issue of The Ashbelt. Madeline grew up in Zanesville, Ohio. She loves quoting comedians, reading James Baldwin, and sipping on grape soda. She fears a future run by robots but looks forward to the day when her stories are read by those outside of her immediate family.