Teen Titans Go! To The Movies With Halsey As Wonder Woman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

We all love superhero movies, especially when our favorite celebrities are making a guest appearance in them. Luckily for us, in July, Teen TItans Go is coming to theaters and it has one heck of a cast. The animated TV series will be adapted for screens across the country and will be directed by Aaron Horvath and Peter Rida Michail. According to the recently released trailer, the movie will follow the group of heroes as they venture to Hollywood and encounter a supervillain set on overtaking the world. It’s up to the Teen Titans to come to the rescue.

On Tuesday, March 13, pop star, Halsey, posted a picture of Wonder Woman on Instagram, announcing that she would be playing her in the upcoming Teen Titans movie. Being a personal fan, I am super excited about this.

Starring alongside the pop princess is rapper, Lil Yachty, as the Green Lantern and Nicholas Cage as SuperMan.

Odd selection of a cast if you ask me, but it makes it ten times more interesting to go and see. The animated superhero movie is set to come out at the end of July. What are your thoughts on this cast selection?

Arden Palmquist is a Senior at The University of Akron majoring in Public Relations. She enjoys blogging and posting on her Instagram.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.