This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Spring break is finally here and it is time to take a much needed vacation from school.

There’s only one problem: you are scheduled to work the entire week. You and your friends couldn’t get organized enough to plan a big get away, so you’re all stuck at home babysitting your younger siblings or working alongside high schoolers at your local job. Don’t you worry, though, here are some fun staycation ideas to do while home for spring break! I spent my spring break back in Akron, and here are some of the fun things I found while everyone else was posting beach pictures.

The Cleveland Art Museum

ADMISSION IS FREE! You only have to pay for parking (if you park in the parking garage), there is a big open atrium right when you walk in with perfect lighting for some fun pictures with your friends. There’s also a coffee shop and several floors of cool art to look at! 

University Square

After your trip to the museum you can drive only a mile or so down to University Square where are there are tons of restaurants and little shops to check out. Grab lunch and coffee at the nearby Panera, and take some pictures in front of all the amazing murals.

West Side Market

Check out West Side Market for all kinds of great food and coffee! Check out all the vendors and little speciality shops! Another great place for photo ops if that’s what you are looking for!

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME

Check out the Cleveland Indians play! Since it is springtime after all, baseball season is upon us! Go check out the team and of course all of the yummy ballpark snacks and drinks!

The Cleveland Zoo

Check out the zoo! With the warmer weather, the animals are all now out and looking adorable! Go checkout the bears, wild cats, and my favorite, the African Elephant!

I am a middle child of a single mom from Pittsburgh, PA. I am currently studying English as a major and Philosophy as a minor at the University of Akron. I love reading, writing, hiking, camping, doing community service, and hanging out with friends and family. I have a spunky kitty names Charlie who runs my life!
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.