This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Is it just me or is denim coming in style again? Also am I the only one really that excited about it? Perhaps. Now that denim is haunting our dreams, let’s look at the different ads throughout the decades on how denim was selling back then.

1960’s

The start of high waisted jeans with the queen herself, Marilyn Monroe.

1970’s

The 70’s man… so perfect.

I for sure would buy these. Skateboarding in jeans is a hard thing to do.

The age of bell-bottoms and hippies! The best part about this look is that it’s still in style and just as cute as it was in the 70’s.

1980’s

Brooke Shields was 15 when this ad aired. My mom still quotes her when she wears these kinds of jeans; “nobody comes between me and my Calvins.”

So…many…questions.

Is it just me or are these types of overalls still super cute?

Can we all just take a minute to praise denim on denim? This look is iconic. Luckily, it’s still in.

1990s

Here we are with the denim on denim and here we are with Calvin labeling themselves as a sexual brand.

This is Calvin too. Recognize the models? Here’s a hint: Good Vibrations. (It’s Marky Mark and Kate Moss).

2000s

The 2000’s is such a fun time. The heels with a casual cut off tee shirt with jeans add flare. How could you not love it?

Kendall Jenner in Calvin Klein Jeans ad. So perfect, so iconic.

Jeans seem to come into style and then they seem to die down for a little bit and then suddenly reappear out of nowhere. Throughout the decades, jeans have gotten baggier, skinnier, and darker. The possibilities with jeans are endless. The best part about it all? The jeans from decades ago, are back in style for 2017. Which decade is your favorite?

Arden Palmquist is a Senior at The University of Akron majoring in Public Relations. She enjoys blogging and posting on her Instagram.