This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

If you want to get spooked in ohio try the awesome haunted houses all around ohio. It being halloween season and all, it wouldn’t be complete without some kind of scare. Some go for horror and thriller movies, while others go to have a face to face experience with haunted houses. If you want to go to a haunted house in ohio you have crawled to the right place.

1. The Haunted Schoolhouse and the Haunted Labratory
    1. Located in Akron, specifically, 1300 Triplett Boulevard, Akron, Ohio 44306, United States. This year admission ranges from 25 to 35 dollars a person.
    2. This haunted attraction is the only multi-story house in northeast Ohio, with two buildings to go through the schoolhouse and laboratory. With new refurbishment the haunted houses are scarier than ever. Which is why it is recommended for people 12 and up. 
  2. The Factory of Terror
    1. Located in Canton, specifically, 4215 Mahoning Road Northeast, Canton, Ohio, 44705. This year admissions range from 25 to 35 dollars
    2. Known as one of the worlds longest indoor horror attractions, the factory of terror takes you through 5 attractions, all indoors. So the best thing about it is you won’t get caught in the rain or windy cold weather of northeast Ohio.
  3. Fortress of Fear Screampark
    1. Located in the center of Akron, Canton, and Youngstown, specifically, 12175 State Street Northeast, Alliance, Ohio, 44601. The admission for the park range from 20 to 30 dollars.
    2. This screampark features 6 attractions including an attraction called Zombie Abomination. With regular admission you are taken through a scream filled fortress with haunted souls and possessed people coming to take you with them. 
  4. Spooky Ranch
    1. Located in Colombia Station, 19066 East River Rd, Columbia Station, Ohio, 44028. The admission to the ranch ranges from 25 to 30 dollars.
    2. This haunted ranch, gives its victims five different attractions, ranging from extreme nightmares, the famous haunted hayride, the haunted barn, bloodslingers’ saloon, and monster vision in 3-D.
  5. Carnival of Horrors at the Stark County Fairgrounds
    1. Located in Canton, 305 Wertz Ave NW, Canton, Ohio, 44708. The admission ranges from 24 to 29 dollars.
    2. Featuring 4 haunted houses in a row. Starting with the funhouse, then the trail of terror, insane asylum, and finally the freakshow in 3-d terrorvision. 

Five scares in Northeast Ohio, go at your own risk, and have all the screams saved for the attraction that you choose to go to. Have fun this year, and get yourself a good scare, or put these in your pocket for next year. Happy scares everyone.

I'm a novice writer and I hope to see and contribute to this community as much as I can!