This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

During the Summer of 2022, I read thirteen books from the library. There were a few I didn’t
like but there were many that I did enjoy reading. These three books are the books I would
recommend to other people.

Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay

Patron Saints of Nothing is about a high school senior named Jay. When he hears the
unexpected news of his cousin dying due to the war on drugs that was happening in the
Philippines, Jay decides to go there all by himself to find out the real story on why they
murdered his cousin.
What made me interested in the book was that it was a realistic story where the author wanted to
spread awareness about what was going on in the Philippines during that time.

How to Money: Your Ultimate Visual Guide to the Basics of Finance by Kathryn Tuggle and Jean Chatzky

This book gives you a guide on how to use your money wisely. They discuss budgeting, student
loans, credit cards, taxes etc.
Since I never had the chance to take a class on how financing works, I thought this book would
be the perfect opportunity to learn about it and I did learn a lot from it especially since they made
it simple for everyone to understand what the writer was talking about.

ASPCA Complete Guide to Cats: Everything You Need to Know About Choosing and Caring for Your Pet by James Richards

This book gives you everything you need to know about your cat, especially when it comes to
being a new cat owner, how to treat kittens, and how to handle them when they get older. The
author also gives the full list of cat breeds with pictures for reference.
I decided to read this book because my partner and I recently adopted a kitten from One of a
Kind Pet Rescue located in Akron, Ohio. When we decided to adopt the kitten, we realized we
should be doing our research on how to take care of a kitten so we used different sources from
the internet and this book.

Chey C

Akron '24

Chey is in her junior year at Akron studying History along with having a minor in English. Activities she enjoys doing is traveling, shopping and hanging out with friends.