This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Anissa Foster is a first year from Stone Mountain, GA. I conducted this interview as a way to introduce her to the Agnes Scott community.

(photo by Anissa Foster)

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Major: Biochemistry

Her Campus: What effect has your family had on you and your education?

Anissa Foster: My family has always encouraged me to get an education so that I wouldn’t have any regrets or struggles in the future. Also, their constant care makes me want to put myself in a situation where I’ll be able to provide for them.

HC: Why did you choose Agnes Scott?

AF: The atmosphere felt inviting, and the school’s reputation and resources made me confident that I could go anywhere and be anyone.

HC: What do you hope to gain from Agnes Scott?

AF: Confidence, skills that I can use anywhere, and great relationships.

HC: Are you involved in any clubs?

AF: I hope to get involved in Witkaze, GLOW, Black Power Book Club, and as many other organizations as I can.

HC: How has your year been going so far?

AF: It’s been eye-opening in that I now know what does and doesn’t work for me when I’m studying.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

AF: In medical school or traveling to other countries to perform missionary work.

HC: Evans or Mollie’s?

AF: Evans, I like variety and the ability to get seconds.

HC: Favorite place to study?

AF: Campbell Science Study Room and stairwells.

HC: Favorite class so far?

AF: I like all of my classes so choosing is pretty hard, but I guess Greek and Biology would be at the top.

HC: Favorite place in Decatur?

AF: My bed.

There you go folks, Anissa Foster is truly an icon.

Isabel Cruz

Agnes Scott '22

Isabel is a freshman at Agnes Scott College. She loves reading, writing and spending time with her pets. Isabel is majoring in English Literature.