Meet Clover Brown!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Name: Clover Brown

Major: Biology and Spanish, Pre med track

Hometown: Oakland, Ca

Class year: 2017

What are you involved in on campus? H.E. R. O  is one organization that I get to be a part of on campus.

What is Hero? HERO stands for the Health Education Resource Organization. It’s a club on campus dedicated to the health and well-being of students. It provides a place where students interested in health related fields or just a healthy lifestyle in general can get involved to keep the Agnes community healthy and happy.

What do you do in the club? We organize events on campus that revolve around health education. We work closely with the Wellness Center to keep everyone at Agnes informed about all things health-related whether it be about sexual health, fitness, or dealing with stress during finals.  

What is your favorite part about the club? I have always been interested in health and I think young people are more receptive to information when its coming from a peer, so I think it’s a great way to support students on campus. We also throw some really fun events like Sextravaganza and Love your Body week. I think in general the atmosphere is just very positive.

How can other students get involved? Come check us out at our next campus event or like us on facebook for updates. New members are welcomed at the beginning of every semester so we look forward to meeting you.

Grace Spurgin

Agnes Scott

Grace Spurgin is a freshman at Agnes Scott College in the great Decatur-Atlanta area, but born and raised in sunny Tampa, Florida. She is double majoring in International Relations and Political Science in hopes of one day studying International law. She is an active member in Colonnade Club, which deals with alumnae events and relations, and Programming Board for all school event planning. She is the founder of the Agnes Scott chapter for Her Campus. She loves to travel and try any new things; for example, she is a certified deep sea diver!