ice cream friends food dessert
ice cream friends food dessert
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

Eating Through Decatur: Dessert Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

After a long day at school, you may feel like grabbing something sweet to eat. Luckily there are many places to get dessert near Agnes Scott.

Here are some of my favorites:

Piece of Cake

Piece of Cake offers various flavors of cake and cupcakes, such as carrot cake and coconut cake. They’re only 900 feet away from campus, so it’s a great place to go when you want something sweet to eat, but don’t feel like walking a lot. Their hours are Monday-Friday: 10 am- 7 pm, Saturday: 10 am-6 pm, and Sunday: 12 pm-6 pm. 

Chick-fil-A

Although Chick-fil-A is known for its chicken sandwiches and lemonade, there are also several different dessert items on their menu. Only 0.4 miles away from campus, they offer sweet items, such as ice cream, milkshakes, and chocolate chip cookies. Their hours are Monday-Saturday: 6:30 am-10 pm and Sunday: closed. My personal favorite is either cookies & cream milkshake or a frosted lemonade.

Butter & Cream

Butter & Cream is an ice cream place only 0.5 miles away from campus. Besides just plain ice cream, they also offer a variety of different sorbets, ice cream floats, milkshakes, and more.  Their hours are Monday-Thursday: 12 pm-10 pm, Friday-Saturday: 12 pm-11 pm, and Sunday: 12 pm-10 pm. One of my favorites from Butter & Cream is the seasonal peach flavor that they had at the beginning of last semester. 

Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, located 0.2 miles away from campus, offers many dessert items on their menu, such as ice cream and milkshakes. Their hours are Monday-Thursday: 10:30 am-10 pm, Friday-Saturday: 10:30 am-10:30 pm, and Sunday: 11:30 am-10 pm. One of my favorite things to get here is the cookies & cream blizzard, which is Oreo cookies blended into vanilla ice cream.

Revolution Doughnuts

While Revolution Doughnuts may be the farthest walk compared to the other places on this list, I can assure you that the 1.1 mile is completely worth it. They offer a variety of donut flavors, including options for those who are vegan. Their hours are Monday-Thursday: 7 am-5 pm, Friday: 7 am- 8 pm, Saturday: 8 am-8 pm, and Sunday: 8 am-4 pm. 

The places I have listed are just some of my favorite places to get dessert. However, there are many other local Decatur areas, in which to get your sweet fix. I encourage you all to go out and explore what Decatur has to offer, as there are many amazing places to discover. And if you decide to go to Butter & Cream, Revolution Doughnuts, or one of the other places on this list, then I hope that you enjoy the delicious treats as much as I do! 

Jessica Rao

Agnes Scott '23

Jessica is a freshman at Agnes Scott College. She currently plans on majoring in psychology. She loves volunteering, writing, and photography.