All You Need to Know about Agnes-Palooza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Programming Board is excited to be able to bring this new tradition to Agnes Scott and wants to make sure that students know about all the great things going on. Agnes-Palooza is brand new this semester and will be a week long spring festival with tons of fun events to attend. There will be an Island Party, DJ, popsicles, trivia,  a 21+ off-campus party, and flower crown crafts.

This will be the first time in five years that Agnes Scott has been able to hold an off-campus event. The Spring Bash Party will be held at The Loft in Midtown. ProBo president Georgina Espinoza explained, “I know some students may be upset or confused as to why there is no formal this year, but we took a look at the numbers and realized that we were often spending money on a spring formal that few students chose to attend. We’ve started laying down some of the ground work to have more parties/formals off-campus. In the next months and years, more discussion can begin to occur regarding off-campus events, especially Black Cat Formal.”

All of the events during Agnes-Palooza are free and open for all ASC students. ProBo will have tons of giveaways and prizes for students to win during the week. The Spring Fling Formal used to be $10-15 for only one event, but with Agnes-Palooza, students can enjoy at least 5 different events throughout the week for free. The Spring Bash is free for Agnes students who are 21 and over. Their off-campus guests can get in for only $5.

For the big finale, there will be an event called Simply Saturday. There will be a concert, food trucks, and fun. SGA will be sponsoring free food from Nana G’s Chicken and Waffles, Gezzo’s Surf & Grille, The Funnel Cake Guys, and King of Pop for the first 150 people in attendance. SGA and ProBo will also hand out commemorative t-shirts to the first 150 students.

“Saturday starts off at 1 PM with a Dorm Exchange encouraging all students to bring anything they’re planning to get rid of before they leave for the Summer and exchange with another student, any items left will be given to the IRC,” said Georgina. Students can also partake in different activities at booths sponsored by other student organizations on campus.

The concert will begin at 2:30 PM with a DJ playing some great music followed by a Scottie Hour at 3:15 PM featuring two current ASC students, Chava Flax and Tiffany Tucker. Chava will be playing with her own band and Tiffany will be performing a DJ set. Later, Michael Schuler from NBC’s “The Voice” will be performing from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM.

This new tradition will be an exciting opportunity for students to be able to join in, have fun, get tons of free food, and win prizes!

Helen Davison

Agnes Scott

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/