Life > Experiences

5 Community Living Tips Taken From Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Community living can be quite awkward and just plain messy, but unfortunately, it’s a pretty unavoidable part of college. There are a ton of TV shows that reveal the trial and error of having a roommate but one of my go tos for relatable content is the TV show Friends. While we all love the shenanigans, there’s actually a lot of life lessons we can take from Friends gang to make our living situation a little more fun and tolerable.

1. Don’t be the roommate that does all the work and then gets resentful.

Image via ( giphy )

2.  Give your roommate a heads up before having people over.

Image via (giphy )

3.  Be *extra* careful when you and your guest are handling the other person’s stuff.

Image via ( giphy )

4. Find other spaces to hang out.

Image via (giphy)  

5. Remember you’re not always on the same schedule, so keep it quiet when you’re up at the buttcrack of dawn.

Image via (giphy)

And there you have it! Now you can never say no one told you life was going to be this way *clap clap*. Let’s hope our college living situation can be as fun and crazy as the friends cast.

Georga-kay Whyte

Agnes Scott '22

I'm Georgia, I'm an international student from Jamaica. I love cheesy movies, thoughtful discussions, multi-dimensional villains and story telling. Nine out of ten times I can be found with a book in my hand and/or having a really passionate conversations about fictional characters.