This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

It’s officially spooky season, and although some may say it’s too early to get a costume, it’s never too early to have a costume idea! Of course there are some classic costumes that will never go out of style such as a cat, schoolgirl, superhero, or a skeleton, but there’s nothing wrong with a new kind of costume idea. I personally love costumes that are relevant to the year because of all the memes and pop culture references that I tend to forget by the time it’s Halloween. Here are some ideas for your next Halloween costume party!

Lara Jean Covey

Many people were obsessed with To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, and I mean, can you blame them? It was such a nice light-hearted movie and Noah kinda did steal my heart a bit with his charm but we can’t forget the star Lara Jean. If you wanna dress up like Lara, I’d consider her style a mix of a spin on the classic schoolgirl outfit mixed with some edge which is super handy for last minute outfit planning!

(Image via elinorsbooks on Instagram)

Cardi B at Harper’s Bazaar

Cardi B has been cracking jokes about herthe mishap that happened about a month ago, so it’s basically Cardi-approved to have fun and throw some shade at your next party. Find your best red dress and face putty to master the whole look of the fight. Oh, and don’t forget to leave one shoe on!

(Via Getty Images)

Influencer/Blogger

Urban Outfitters recently released an Influencer Halloween Costume Set for $59 that went viral on the internet and needless to say, it’s one of the best things that summarizes 2018. Now if you’re like me and living the #brokecollegestudent lifestyle then there is absolutely no need to buy this actual outfit because it’s just for jokes. Watch all the sponsorship/collab offers slide in your DM’s after you post a pic of you rocking your best sports bra, leggings, and sneakers.

The Incredibles

After 14 years, we finally got a sequel to one of our favorite childhood movies, the Incredibles! Jack-Jack definitely stole the spotlight and I can relate to him on a spiritual level. If you wanna dress like our fabulous Edna darling, then all you have to do is wear a black dress, thigh high boots, and pose with her classic pout/scrunch. Don’t forget the glasses and signature wig, you can cop some at Target for $11.99. If you wanna dress like one of the Incredibles, then ask our fellow class of 2022 for some tips!

(Image via Target)

Syedha Noreenia

Agnes Scott '19

(she/her/hers) is a senior Political Science major and a Business Management minor. Originally born in Brooklyn, New York, Syedha has been raised in Atlanta and proudly calls both cities home along with her parents' motherland of Pakistan. Through her degree, she believes in empowerment/representation and fighting for social justice through analyzing organizational behavior. She enjoys coming up with Instagram captions, infiltrating the system, and spending money that she doesn't have on food.
MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/